Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wonder Bugs Wednesday!!!

I love Raptors. Yes, I do! 

This week’s blog is all based on parent requests. If I forgot something please let me know! (Click here to email me.)  We read About Raptors by Cathryn Sill.

Visit this site for the fish, owl and cat cracker recipe you may have tasted while pretending to be a raptor this week!

Although I used The King Arthur Flour Baker’s Companion cookbook to make the cheese pennies, the same recipe can also be found on-line here.

Raptor Rapture Chant

By Miss Tara Von Dollen

*Adult chants each line one at a time first, with the wonder bugs repeating them. Any tune can be used!

 I love raptors. Yes I do!
They have curved beaks and sharp talons, too.
They can see animals from really far away.
I have raptor rapture each and every day.

 
I love raptors. Yes, I do!
Soaring high and cruising low, too.
Some can hover and others can dive.
I have raptor rapture; I’m so glad they’re alive.

I love raptors. Yes, I do!
Some eat lizards or different mammals, too.
Some eat fishes and others eat bugs.

I have raptor rapture. I want to give them hugs.
 
Repeat first verse.

End with exclamation: I love raptors!  Clap Clap Yoohoo!

Wonder Bugs Song Lyrics


by Miss Tara Von Dollen

Wonder, wonder. Why? We wonder. Let’s learn and play and sing our name. Wonder Bugs! Wonder Bugs! Love the land and nature. Wonder Bugs!)
 
High five,

Miss Tara


Wonder Bugs Update!!!

Thank you for your support! All of the summer camp Wonder Bug sessions are full, but there is still plenty of room in our NEW Wonder Bugs Family Days!

WONDER BUGS FAMILY DAYS
June 25th, July 16th, August 13th, 2011
9:30 -10:45 am

Join us for weekend Wonder Bugs family days we will explore, sing, and craft the day away to a different nature topic each month. You won't want to miss out on the opportunity to share the Wonder Bugs experience with your whole family! Appropriate for children 2-5 years accompanied by an adult.

ALNC Members: $6/child; Non-Members: $7/child

2 comments:

KrAzYBrOaD said...

How do I register for the bug thing. The link doesnt work.

denise said...

Click to register link broken!?!